Saturday, April 30, 2011

Let the Journey Begin!


Well, it is the last day before my pilgrimage begins. I was hoping to have a day to tie up a few loose ends but it will be a full day of trying to put every little duck in order. I know that there will be things I have missed in preparing the congregation, my roommate, my dog Beamer, and my friends and family but I just need to let that go and begin to start centering on pilgrimage and easing into Sabbath time.

Before I begin the journey I am realizing that midlife and beyond continues to inwardly beckon us to become more and more who we are called to be. I am looking forward to realize my Sabbath time as an invitation to rediscover my true identity as an individual person, Christian and as priest. It is summoning me to enter into the core of my being for personal and cosmic transformation.

I am so looking forward to the time, the space and the guidance to step back from ordinary chronos activities into the kairos moment of the Sabbath. This special time is an invitation for me to take that long, loving look in thanksgiving for one’s life and ministry to embrace the present and look with hope to all that is yet to come.

Let the journey begin!

1 comment:

  1. Blessings on your journey, Tommy. I miss seeing you and hearing you preach. ~Steven Bucholtz

    ReplyDelete